20% off Travel Insurance with Cruise Offers and SureSave
One component of cruising that is extremely important is travel insurance. Cruise Offers strongly recommends all passengers to have travel insurance cover for their cruise holidays. Travel insurance is not compulsory but it is essential. When you book a cruise with cruiseoffers we will quote travel insurance which you can either accept or decline.
TRAVEL INSURANCE LOW PRICE PROMISE - IF YOU FIND A CHEAPER INSURANCE POLICY WITH SIMILAR BENEFITS/FEATURES...CRUISEOFFERS WILL BEAT IT.
Any passengers who require cover for a pre-existing medical condition may need to complete a Medical Assessment form to submit to the Insurance Company Medical Panel for assessment. Additional health loadings may apply. Please contact Cruiseoffers for a Medical Assessment form should you require one.
We have seen many cases of people having to cancel a substantial holiday at the last moment or having a major health problem while on holiday. In these cases the clients have either lost almost the entire value of their fare or have had to pay for large medical expenses. Travel insurance offers you protection if you have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances or if you have overseas medical expenses. It does not cover unstable, pre-existing conditions. Additionally, it provides emergency assistance while you are on your holiday.
Travel Insurance Tips
- Check with the DFAT website (www.smartraveller.gov.au) and check any advisories about the country you are visiting. Then check with the insurance provider to see what conditions apply.
- Leave a copy of your policy certificate with a family member or friend.
- Store emergency phone numbers in your mobile phone.
- Discuss with your insurer if you plan to do anything that might be considered dangerous, such as mountain climbing, scuba diving, or even horse riding.
- If you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition, you should discuss this with your insurer before purchasing a policy as exclusions can apply.
- If you have a dispute with your travel insurer, contact the Insurance Ombudsman Service, a free and independent dispute resolution service.
Before you buy a policy
- If you travel regularly a yearly multi trip policy might suit you better and save you money.
- Check the cover for baggage and especially for your valuables, such as cameras and laptops. You may be able to pay a fee and extend the cover for valuables if the standard limits aren't high enough.
In the event of a claim
- Keep receipts or valuations to prove ownership of valuables. It is also recommended to take copies incase you lose the originals.
- If your belongings are stolen, report it to the local police and keep a copy of the report: list all items stolen.
- If you need medical treatment or assistance contact your insurer's emergency assist hotline.
SureSave Pty Limited ABN 82 137 885 262 AR339902 is an Authorised Representative of Cerberus Special Risks Pty Limited ABN 81 115 932 173, AFS Licence No 308461 (Cerberus). Travelrite International/Cruise Offers is a distributor for Cerberus. This insurance is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s.